Sydney Exhibition Centre @ Glebe Island closed for operations on 30 September 2016, having successfully achieved its purpose of providing a home for the city’s major exhibitions during the construction of International Convention Centre Sydney.
Work has now commenced to dismantle the temporary structure and return it to the Port Authority of New South Wales. Residents are advised:
- Equipment, including cranes and trucks, will be in use during these operations to assist in the dismantling of the structure.
- Further works will commence in mid-March to remove the concrete slab and foundation over a period of approximately four weeks.
- The hours of operation for these works are 7am - 6pm Monday to Friday and 8am - 5pm on Saturdays.
- All works will be conducted to minimise impact on residents and in accordance with the development consent conditions and noise guidelines.
- There will be no road closures or impact on parking or public transport.
This information has been distributed to local residents via a letterbox drop.
Enquiries regarding works
1300 655 995